Kalamazoo, day the last
15 May, 2011
Will blog about the middle later, but here are the highlights:
- Hanging out with colleagues from my state, who are now discussing a regular video-seminar
- Hearing about the ‘horses in mud’ paper
- Celebrating with my colleague from SLAC and my friends from other places
- Wonderful time talking to people at the dance last night
- Finding out that someone I thought hated me probably doesn’t
- Learning how to teach about early Christianity from Walter Goffart
- Finding out that Goths don’t always have moustaches and Romans often do
- Bees! Hymns to bees! Bees are monks, because they are virgins
- Did you know that Venetians were using surnames comparatively early?
- We need to rethink masculinity and take masculine studies away from the feminist paradigm; and think about the somatic rather than the discourse
eta: Also, loved the announcement that a rather well-known early medievalist was not chairing his session because he was in a boxing bout.