Skip to content

Actual Panic Setting in

13 June, 2006

Actual Panic Setting In

Ok … so I have finally found a second cat carrier that meets United’s odd carrier restrictions — apparently the carriers have to be secured by bolts rather than clips … I may go and get metal bolts …

I have checked the forecast. Apparently, the cut-off is outside temp of 87/29. I am flying from a cool (around 55 F forecast) place — at 11:30 at night a place that is supposed to hit a high of 90F the day I arrive, but the low is supposed to be 70, and I get there at 7 a.m.

Please note that I am concerned about the cats. The reason I am trying to fly with the cats is that I love them very much, and after talking to the vet, I thought we would all be safer and less stressed out with the shorter trip, no time in scary hotels in a strange car, etc. But I am also scared to death that something will go wrong, and my stuff will be arriving at destination city on the day I’m to get there (that’s the first day of the 5-day window) and I’ll have to fly out there to meet the truck and find someone here to take care of the cats so I can spend a thousand dollars I really don’t have to fly back and drive the cats home when we should all be settling into New City.

6 Comments leave one →
  1. 13 June, 2006 1:41 pm

    I’m sure it will all go find! It doesn’t sound like there is any more planning that you could do!

  2. 13 June, 2006 3:13 pm

    It’s going to be FINE. I’m sure you’re right about relative trauma of one flight vs. many days driving. If you’re delayed at the cat-flying end, the movers will just have to wait an extra day to deliver, and if they charge you storage for that day, it’s not the end of the world and will be minor compared to an extra flight or drive across the country.

  3. 13 June, 2006 4:47 pm

    Of course you’re concerned about them! That’s very normal. But you are choosing the safer option (flying is much safer than driving — especially driving alone across the country). It will work out just fine. You’ve planned it fine — it’s never 90 at 7 in the morning.

  4. 14 June, 2006 5:08 am

    ADM — No need to panic. If you can’t fly out the day you’re hoping to, you’ll simply call on me, and I’ll zip over to New City to supervise the movers’ unpacking. Problem solved!

  5. 14 June, 2006 5:29 am

    D’oh! I thought you were going to be gone, but I will definitely be in touch if everything falls apart. Thanks!

  6. 15 June, 2006 4:05 pm

    Good luck and safe flying with the kitties! Everything will be great…

your thoughts?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: